Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Accommodations in the Heart of Lucban Quezon

After spending the afternoon swimming in the crystal clear waters of Puting Buhangin in Pagbilao Quezon, we arrived in Lucban tired and salty, not having been able to rinse in fresh water before we left. Lucban has a cold climate especially since it was raining when we arrived and I was looking forward to taking a warm relieving shower from the day's  exhausting but enjoyable itinerary.


 There are two accommodation options in the heart of Lucban. One is Patio Rizal which is a more luxurious hotel that I'm guessing offers more facilities or amenities that would make someone's stay enjoyable and comfortable. It is located right beside Patio Rizal Park in Quezon Ave. which is the main street in Lucban, just beside Rizal Park. I chose the second option though since I'm a backpacker by heart and I'm the one who's never willing to spend too much on accommodation except for special occasions.



So I, together with my sister and Nikko pressed the buzzer of this red colored two story-like building located at the back of  St. Loiuse Bishop of Toulouse Church. A middle aged man opened the gate for us and we're led to a wooden stairs headed to the reception area and a numbr of rooms. We checked the rooms and since the price is thrice  much cheaper compared to Patio Rizal, we agreed to stay. We paid a total of Php800 for the room of which Php200 is for the third person charge.



We stayed in a basic fan room. There's a double bed, a dresser, a chair and we were provided a thin cot to lay on the floor for the third guest. Everything inside the room, even the blanket felt moist. Imagine lying down to a cold damp bed, haha! Thinking of the price though, I realized that maybe, it was just reasonable and considering we'd just stay for a night, it wouldn't matter much. Everything changed when it was my turn taking the shower. The bathroom is too small. I am a very petite person yet I had a hard time moving around the bathroom, actually it wasn't easy to move at all. The shower is broken and I needed to use a pail and a dipper. We also had to endure bathing with ice cold water, only when I was the one showering, I shouted whenever I pour water in me just to control my shivering. I hope I didn't scare the owner of the pension house, lol! I then knew, I had been to better cheap accommodation in other places. To be fair, should I have visited Lucban in a sunny and hot day, I probably would have a different experience staying in Summer Capital Inn. After all, the caretaker is nice, the room is basic but alright and the location is truly accessible. It is just the bathroom that they can probably improve to give a more pleasant experience to happy guests.



Should you need to stay in Lucban, you may call Summer Capital Inn at +63 (042) 540-3421. Rate starts at Php600. Patio Rizal is another choice and you may contact them at +63 (042) 540-2107. Price ranges from Php2100 to Php4000. If you won't mind traveling about 15 minutes to the town proper, there's a resort hotel in front of Kamay ni Hesus. I originally planned on staying here but thought I'd just do on my next trip when I have enought time to enjoy the rest of the resort. You may check them out at https://www.facebook.com/batisaramin

The Blogger Would Like to Share: Tips on Creating Your Do-It-Yourself Travel


23 comments :

  1. wow..i enjoyed reading your blog..my hubby and i are planning to go to lucban on january2012.we'll dfnitely try all the plces u mentioned..this is very helpful spcially the accomodation info..tnx 4 sharing your adventures..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you enjoyed eading. Thanks for dropping by! I'm sure you and your husband will love Lucban too. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Do i need to have a credit card if i want to reserve a room at Summer Capital Inn? I'm planning to go there tomorrow. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi NK! I paid by cash when I arrived there. I'm sure cash would be fine. I don't think they cater to credit card users yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Do they have any mobile number? Or at least a manila line contact number? Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will see the numbers towards the end of this blog. These are the numbers I got from the hotels when I was there. I hope the numbers are still working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yah I saw those numbers, but preferred to contact them via mobile. Anyway, thank you very much for the reply!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your info was helpful to us ...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pang.. i called the number. The old lady say it's the wrong one. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about you reaching a wrong number. The numbers I posted are the numbers I got from these accommodation places when I stayed there in Lucban.

      Delete
  10. Is summer capital inn near south luzon state university?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I apologize for this late reply, I,ve been away for some time. Didn't see the university but if it's near the town proper, then it is. The inn is located right in the heart of the town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's Summer Capital Inn's # (042) 540-3421
    -jaymee s.marquez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the correct number Jaymee, might have replaced the 2 with 3.

      Delete
  13. Can somebody tell me what's the name of resort infront of kamay ni Hesus and if someone knows the rates?? Will truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anybody knows the name of the resot in from of Kamay ni Hesus and rates?? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you referrin to Batis Aramin Resort? They have a fb page that I included in this post.

      Delete
  15. yeahhh... this is great thanks for the information Maa'm I'll be going to Lucban next month. Now I knw that there is an affordable Inn ...I was in lucban last January and stayed in Patio Rizal hotel....It was so expensive and unfortunately they didn't accept my atm card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very informative blog! I'm excited to go next weekend.. :) Thanks much!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good eve...meron po kyong cp number to contact u easily..punta po kme lucban tom for phiyas festival and we're looking for a room to stay for a night...

    ReplyDelete
  18. meron po bang cp number yung summer capital in to contact?, where planning to visit kamay ni hesus this holy week and where looking for a place to stay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...