Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tinago Falls and Mimbalot Falls: My Memories of Iligan City Before the Typhoon Sendong

Last Thursday, I finished my blogs about Tinago Falls and Mimbalut Falls during my break at work. I was not able to publish it because I haven't  worked on the photos yet. The weekend swiftly passed by and I was traveling Saturday and Sunday so I didn't see the news until I got back here in Manila and saw it. As I've watched the TV, my heart sunk to see what happened to Iligan City (as well as Cagayan de Oro) where both Tinago and Mimbalut Falls can be found. Iligan City had been devastated by the recent typhoon that battered the area. A lot of properties were destroyed including hundreds of homes, water supply had been cut and the latest news  says 700+ are already confirmed dead and hundreds are still missing. I'm not a local of Northern Mindanao nor have several friends from there, but the fact that I had just been there two months ago, had the opportunity to interact with kind locals who were very helpful while we're trying to find our way to wherever we were going makes me sympathize with the locals. I really feel for them now.. I almost don't want to see the news anymore because it really is heart-breaking. But no matter how hard the situation  my fellow Filipinos are facing now, I'm confident that they can make it through.

I hope we, who are not affected find it in our hearts to help them by sharing what we can. Even small donations would count. Please check National Red Cross'es link for cash donations. (http://www.redcross.org.ph/donatenow) It would really help a long way. Our prayers for their strength would also mean so much.

I almost don't want to post my entries anymore feeling like it's not appropriate but somehow, seeing the beauty of these falls somewhat makes me realize that life is like a falls, no matter how strong the rapids are, how rocky the path is, LIFE MUST GO ON. I trust that the people of CDO and Iligan feels the same way.

My blog entries on Tinago Falls :

Tinago Falls: A Hidden Majesty in Iligan City 
Mimbalut Fall

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...